- 1 cup bulgur
- 1 can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 large tomato, chopped
- 1 small cucumber, chopped
- 1 bell pepper, chopped
- A handful of fresh parsley, chopped
- A handful of fresh mint, chopped
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Experiment with different veggies and herbs to make the salad your own.
- Add some chopped red onion, diced avocado, or even feta cheese to make it more flavorful.
- Don’t be afraid to get creative with your dressing – try adding a bit of honey or mustard for extra flavor.
- For a more filling meal, serve the salad with some grilled chicken or shrimp.
- If you have any leftovers, store them in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days.
- Make a big batch of this salad on the weekend and use it as a meal prep option for the week ahead.
- If you’re short on time, use pre-cooked bulgur or canned chickpeas to save time on preparation.
- If you’re not a fan of bulgur, you can also use quinoa, couscous, or even brown rice as a substitute.
- Use fresh, high-quality ingredients for the best flavor and nutritional value.
Did you make this recipe?
Tag @foodhomerecipe on Instagram and hashtag it #foodhomerecipe so we can see all your recipes
Pin this recipe and share it with your followers