Lebanon is well-known for its delicious food, and cheese rolls are one of the country’s specialties. These rolls are made with a variety of cheeses, including feta, kashkaval, and halloumi, and are usually served with a dipping sauce or salad on the side. Cheese rolls are a great appetizer or main course, and can be enjoyed either hot or cold. If you’re looking for a tasty and easy-to-make dish, try your hand at making Lebanese cheese rolls!
What are Lebanese cheese rolls made of?
Lebanese cheese rolls, also known as “kaak,” are a type of flatbread that is popular in Lebanon and other Middle Eastern countries. The dough is made from a combination of flour, water, yeast, and salt. Once the dough is kneaded and left to rise, it is then rolled out into a thin sheet.
Cheese, usually a mixture of feta and kashkaval, is then spread over the dough. The dough is then rolled up, cut into individual rolls, and baked.
Lebanese cheese rolls are often served as an appetizer or snack and can be found in most Lebanese bakeries.
How do I make my cheese rolls fluffier?
There are a few things you can do to make your Lebanese cheese rolls fluffier:
- Use a mixer to mix the dough. This will help to incorporate air into the dough and make it lighter.
- Let the dough rise for at least 30 minutes before shaping it into rolls. This will also help to make the rolls lighter and fluffier.
- Use a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. This will help to prevent the rolls from sticking to the pan and will also make them easier to remove after they are baked.
- Bake the rolls at a high temperature, around 200 degrees Celsius. This will help to make them puff up and become nice and fluffy.
- Cheese mouse cake recipe
- Classic creamy Italian salad dressing
- Chicken wings fried rice
- Spicy Chicken Chipotle Pasta
How do you make Lebanese cheese rolls?
- Mozzarella cheese or Akkawi cheese
- Feta cheese
- Pepper powder
- Finely chopped parsley leaves
- Spring roll sheets
- Oil for frying
- Let’s begin preparing our recipe for Lebanese cheese rolls. First, bring a bowl and add 100g of mozzarella cheese or akkawi cheese, 200g of feta cheese, 3 tablespoons of parsley leaves, and 1/2 teaspoon of pepper powder. Mix them well until combined.
- Second, bring the spring roll sheets. Take one and put inside it a spoon of cheese mix. The amount of cheese mix you can make about 10 rolls from it.
- Third, fold the spring roll sheet and make it like a cylinder.
- Next, bring a frying pan and heat oil over medium-high heat. Drop the cheese rolls and fry until golden.
- Finally, put them on a plate and you can add any sauce you want to them. Cheers!!!
Lebanese cheese rolls
First, bring a bowl and add mozzarella cheese or akkawi cheese, feta cheese, parsley leaves, and pepper powder. Mix them well until combined.
Second, bring the spring roll sheets. Take one and put inside it a spoon of cheese mix. The amount of cheese mix you can make about 10 rolls from it.
Third, fold the spring roll sheet and make it like a cylinder.
Next, bring a frying pan and heat oil over medium-high heat. Drop the cheese rolls and fry until golden.
Finally, put them on a plate and you can add any sauce you want to them. Cheers!!!