shrimp veggie pasta
Hi dears, Today we have another delicious dish called shrimp veggie pasta. This dish considers a healthy dish because of vegetables. The pretty thing about this recipe is easy to prep, it will take about 30 minutes. Stay tuned.
Ready to take your pasta game to the next level? Explore our best pasta recipes of 2023 and get inspired!
What veggies are good in shrimp pasta?
Ok, about the vegetables, it is in general everyone has its taste. But there are many vegetables that can use with shrimp pasta for example red pepper, onion, carrots, peas (all peas types), tomato, potato, etc… But in this case, you have to be sure about what you are adding to your recipe because absolutely the taste will change. If you are lost between all these vegetables you can follow the recipe below.
What is the best cooking method for shrimp?
If you are worried about how to cook shrimp or what is the best to cook shrimp with pasta don’t worry we will cover it here. There are many ways to do it grilling, baking, frying, boiling, etc… But in our recipe shrimp veggie pasta, we will fry it because it will go well with the recipe. You will get additional information here about the other ways.
What are the benefits of shrimp?
Shrimp is a good source of selenium, choline, and many vitamins like B12, D, E, etc… Not only these, but shrimp is also one of the highest food containing iodine. In addition, here are some numbers about nutrition in just 85 grams:
- Calories: 84.2
- Protein: 20.4 g
- Iron: 0.433 mg
- Potassium: 220 mg
- Zinc: 1.39 mg
- Magnesium: 33.2 mg
- Sodium: 94.4 mg
Tips to make shrimp veggie pasta better:
- As we mentioned before there are many ways to cook shrimp but not all will much with pasta. So be sure to pick it up the right way.
- If the shrimp are frozen you can’t just cook them like that. Actually, there are two ways to cook shrimp if it is frozen. The first one is to let it thaw then cook it. The second is to put the shrimp in cold water and then put it on the heat. This way will help to increase the heat of the shrimp slowly.
- About the parsley, there are two types fresh and dried. You can use the fresh one it will work fine but the dried one is better and that is because the dried one has a stronger flavor and it’s a bit pungent.
- Another tip here, after you finish the recipe it is better to keep the pasta rest for about 10 minutes to absorb all the flavor and be more delicious.
- Also, if you are looking for a healthy food as possible for shrimp veggie pasta dish you can prevent using cream it will be fine, or use milk instead.
Ok, After this little introduction and without any further ado, let’s start with our dish shrimp veggie pasta.
Recipes to explore:
- Chicken and broccoli pasta
- Pasta with mushrooms and chicken
- Salmon with pasta
- Pasta with sausage sauce recipe
shrimp veggie pasta
First, let's start cooking pasta according to the instructions and as we said before, use the type you want. Bring a pot and add water and salt. Add pasta and let it boil.
Second, after the pasta is cooked drain it out from the water and put it aside. It will take around 10 minutes.
Third, let's start with shrimp. If the shrimp is frozen don't forget to thaw it. After thawing and cleaning put it in a bowl. Add salt, black pepper, and paprika. Be sure to mix them together well.
After that, bring a pan, and add olive oil on medium heat. Add Shrimp and let it fry. Flip it from while to while until the shrimp become brown. It will take maybe 3 minutes for each side. when you have done, get it out and put it aside.
Here, we are done with shrimp, let's start with veggies. We choose for this recipe broccoli, pepper, and onion but don't worry you can use what you want. In the same pan add olive oil, garlic, onion broccoli, salt, and black pepper. Stir well.
Next, in a skillet, add heavy cream, the cooked pasta, and all the veggies. Stir well for couple minutes.
We are almost done, let the pasta rest. Add the parmesan cheese and dried parsley. Serve it hot.