Broccoli is an excellent source of fiber, vitamin C, folate, potassium, iron, magnesium, zinc, and protein. This recipe called broccoli and meat soup includes all these nutrients in just one bowl!
Can beef go in broccoli soup?
Beef is a good addition to broccoli soup because it adds flavor and helps make the dish more nutritious. However, you can use any type of stock instead of beef broth. Chicken stock, vegetable stock, and even water will work well.
broccoli vs meat protein
Broccoli is an excellent source of vitamin C, fiber, folate, calcium, iron, potassium, and other nutrients. It also contains antioxidants called glucosinolates, which help protect against cancer. In fact, broccoli is considered to be one of the top foods for preventing cancer.
How do I thicken my broccoli and beef soup?
To make thickened broccoli soup, add 1/2 cup flour to 2 cups boiling water. Stir until smooth. Add broccoli and simmer 5 minutes longer. Season with salt and pepper.
what kind of meat can use with broccoli soup?
I love broccoli and meat soup because it’s healthy and delicious. You can use any type of meat you prefer. I usually use beef, chicken, lamb, turkey, etc… But, in our recipe, we will use beef.
Should I cook beef before adding it to soup?
No, you should not cook meat before adding it to the soup. Cooking meat will make it tough and dry out the broth. But there is another way, you can cooked a half way first in a instant pot or pressure cooker then add it again this way also we make the beef amazing.
Notes to make broccoli with meat soup better
- Coconut aminos that we make our dish with is similar to a sauce and will make the soup special. However, it is not necessary to add it.
- We said before that if you want to make your soup thicker add flour. This is true, but we didn’t use it here with this recipe. You are totally free to use it.
- It’s not necessary to use a pressure cooker if you don’t have it, but using it will save you a lot of time. So, make sure to get one if you don’t have it.
- Another thing, you can use water instead beef broth with the same amount. If you used water it’s better to cook beef all the way with the soup.
- Chicken and broccoli pasta
- Pizza with vegetables recipe using cauliflower
- 4 season pizza
- White Bean Chicken Soup
Broccoli And beef Soup
Let' start with our broccoli with meat soup delicious recipe, First, we will prepare beef. Bring a pressure cooker or any pot, add a little olive oil and let it start heating on medium heat.
Secondly, Add the beef to the pressure cooker after spicing it with black pepper and salt. Let it cook for couple minutes until its color changes to brown. Be careful, cook it just a half-way.
Thirdly, in the same pot add the diced onion, stir it for a minute until get softens. Then, return the beef to the pot. Add salt, black pepper, coconut aminos, garlic, fish sauce, beef broth, and ginger.
Next, stir all the ingredient together then close the instant pot. Make sure the valve is closed. Let it cook for about 25 minutes.
After that, when the 25 minutes pass on the pot and add the broccoli. In this point, you can turn the heat off and that because the broccoli doesn't need that heat to get cooked just the soup's heat enough to cook it. Stir well for couple minutes.
Ok, we are already done with the soup just put it in dish and serve it. Cheers!!!