This is a simple yet tasty recipe called spinach pasta with chicken that will surely impress your family and friends. The best part is that this recipe only takes 30 minutes to prepare.
Is spinach pasta with chicken healthy?
Spinach pasta with chicken is one of the most popular dishes in Italy. It is also very nutritious because it contains high amounts of iron, calcium, vitamin A, B6, C, E, K, magnesium, phosphorus, potassium, zinc, copper, manganese, selenium, folate, niacin, pantothenic acid, riboflavin, and vitamins B12 and D.
Is spinach good with pasta?
Spinach pasta with tomato sauce is a classic Italian dish that is usually served as an appetizer or side dish. In fact, it is often considered a vegetable since it is not commonly eaten by itself. However, it is a versatile ingredient that can be used in many different ways.
Is it better to eat spinach raw or cooked?
There is no right answer here. Both options have benefits and drawbacks. Raw spinach has more nutrients than cooked spinach because it contains chlorophyll, which gives it its green color. On the other hand, cooking spinach reduces some of its nutritional value. Cooking also destroys enzymes that help break down food into smaller pieces, making it easier to digest.
Notes to pre spinach pasta with chicken like a pro
- Many people think adding oil to pasta water will prevent pasta from sticking and that absolutely wrong. Adding oil just will make pasta slip.
- Another tip here, after you finish the recipe it is better to keep the pasta rest for about 10 minutes to absorb all the flavor and be more delicious.
- If you want to fry chicken it is better to fry it with its skin this way helps the chicken gets cooked well from the inside. After that, you can remove it if you want.
- There are many ways to cook spinach, but the best way to do it is to cook it in the same pan, especially with pasta. This way helps to keep the flavor and all the nutrition of spinach sticking with pasta and with this you got the benefits.
- If you don’t have heavy cream it is fine to use milk instead. You can use cow milk, goat, coconut, etc… it’s up to you. Also, it’s not necessary to use cream if you want the recipe more healthy, but you need to know you will miss a lot.
Spinach Pasta With Chicken
First, let's start cooking pasta according to the instructions and as we said before, use the type you want. Bring a pot and add water and salt. Add pasta and let it boil.
Second, after the pasta is cooked drain it out from the water but not all it is better if you keep one cup and put the pasta aside. It will take around 10 minutes.
After that, in a bowl, season the cut chicken breast with salt, and black pepper. Stir well and put them fry in a frying pan. Make sure to add butter before starting frying to prevent burning.
After that, and before the chicken finishes cooking, sprinkle garlic above it with a little stirring.
Next, once the chicken gets a golden color that means it is cooked. Add the heavy cream with a little piece of butter. A little stirring then add the spinach to the pan then continue stirring again for couple of minutes.
After that, when the sauce is ready add tomato to it. Give it a little mix. Bring another bowl to mix the pasta with sauce and when you don't forget to stir well.
We are almost there, pour the mixture into a dish. Add parsley and little parmesan cheese on top and your dish spinach pasta with chicken is ready. Cheers!!!